Buying or selling your home is quite possibly the largest financial transaction you will ever make. It’s not a process to leave to chance. You want to make sure that everything is in order, and that you’re making wise decisions. Conveyancing is time consuming, complex and can be risky if you don’t have experience.
Wade and Wade can help
We know how stressful it is, and will use our many years of experience to make sure that everything flows smoothly. We will make sure that everything is above board and that you are getting what you expect.
Our lawyers have seen a lot of property contracts, and know where to look for the pitfalls. We will expedite things as much as we can and keep you up to date on progress.
We offer a fixed fee service, which will help you budget for your move. Our fees start from as little as £325.00 plus VAT.
What’s included in the conveyancing process?
Our lawyers will:
- Make sure that the property title is sound and verify the ownership.
- Check if the property is freehold or leasehold and advise accordingly.
- Draw up a contract of sale and send it to the buyer’s solicitor.
- Check for restrictive covenants or rights of way that could affect your plans for the property.
- Check that buildings and alterations have the correct planning permission, building regulation and warranties.
- Check that there are no debts owing against a property, and if there are that they are released before the property is transferred to you.
- Carry out local authority, drainage and water and environmental searches
- Check if there is a lease, and if so, check the lease conditions.
- Arrange for additional property searches, depending on the circumstances. These might including checking previous land use, whether the land is prone to flooding, if there are planned developments nearby, whether medieval laws still require you to contribute to the local church and so on.
- Check mortgage documents.
- Ensure the deposit has been paid.
- Exchange contracts for you which makes the deal legally binding.
- Lodge an interest in the property so that the property cannot be sold to another.
- Calculate the final figure to pay.
- Arrange for the title to be transferred to the new owner’s name.
- Pay Stamp Duty Tax on your behalf.
- Lodge the title deeds with the Land Registry.
- Send a copy of the deeds to your mortgage lender.
Why choose us?
- Wade and Wade offer competitive fixed rates from as little as £325.00 plus VAT.
- No move no fee – you won’t be charged if the deal falls through provided you instruct us again.
- Local experience – you can’t beat it.
- Friendly family run practice with an open door policy.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced Lawyer.